Our goal is to provide teachers with resources and expertise to help promote student achievement and life-long learning skills. We offer a variety of reference and research lessons aligned with Common Core and AASL 21st Century Learner Standards.
Some examples of media lesson plans we offer include:
- Library orientations – Basic library organization and procedures (required once a year for all grade levels)
- Dewey Decimal Organization
- Genre and sub-genre lessons: fiction, nonfiction, reference . . .
- Parts of a book
- Dictionary skills and alphabetization skills
- Reference sources
- Conducting research / Using reliable sources
We also strive to work with teachers in any subject area. Let us enrich your reading, language arts, social studies and science lesson plans. Your media team will help construct teacher content-area lessons in combination with research skills. By working together, we can collaboratively teach content aligned with grade-level standards, research skills linked to these standards, and digital literacy skills required for real-world applications of learning.
Please visit our Media Center Catalog to find professional resources and periodicals housed in our library. We subscribe to a variety of professional periodicals. Please let us know if you are interested in a periodical we do not currently receive.
if you would like to request a resource from our library, please email Mr. Bryan.